The state is opening its Temporary Rental Assistance Program starting July 15th, 2020. There is a very short window to submit applications.
State of Connecticut Temporary RentalHousing Assistance Program (TRHAP)
- The State of Connecticut with financial support from the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority has launched a rental assistance program for Connecticut residents impacted by COVID-19, administered through the Department of Housing:
- Potential applicants will be directed to a Centralized Call Center for Threshold Eligibility, after which a detailed application must be completed, including verification of documentation.
- Initial priority for assistance will be targeted at individuals and families who have been denied unemployment assistance from the Department of Labor.
- If you are unemployed/under-employed and have not yet filed for unemployment assistance, you should do so as soon as possible.
- Please make every attempt to remain in contact with your landlord, and to make rental payments.
- Beginning 8 am on Wednesday, July 15, call the number below and speak to a Call Center Representative to determine if you qualify for TRHAP assistance. For
additional information about the program, please visit https://portal.ct.gov/doh