Filing your taxes this year is a must!
If you don’t you could be missing out on thousands of dollars (up to $15,000) intended to help stabilize individuals and families during these tough times.
MORE STIMULUS MONEY IS AVAILABLE BUT YOU MUST FILE BY MAY 17TH!
- Did you receive any or all of the $600, $1200 or $1400 Stimulus Payments?
If you did, then you likely qualify. If not, you may still qualify, but you need to file your taxes with the IRS
- Did you have any earnings in 2020?
If so, you may qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (ETIC)
-as much as $1500 if you do not have children OR up to $6000 if you have kids.
- Do you have kids?
If so, you may qualify for $3,000 for each child ($3,600 if the child is under 6) through the Child Tax Credit (CTC) but you need to file with the IRS.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Example – A parent with 2 children under six without a job or other earnings would get: 1st Stimulus Payment : $1200+$1000 [$500 dependent x 2] = $2200 + 2nd Stimulus Payment: $600 x 3 = $1800 + 3rd Stimulus Payment: $1400 stimulus x 3 = $4200 + CTC $3600 x 2 = $7200 TOTAL: $15,400
HOW DO I APPLY?
- File online: Get step-by-step instructions: org
- To check the status of your stimulus: https://irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
- For more information: Call the 211 Economic Impact Payment Helpline: 1-844-322-3639